Our cosplay contests will take place on Saturday, April 29th. The contests will be the very first stage event of the weekend. There will be two categories: kids and teens/adults. Register with our simple registration form at the Info Booth until 11:00AM (we will provide forms as early as 9AM to those in line), then meet at the back of the Main Stage area for judging. Judging will take place from 11:15AM until 12:30PM. Staging will take place on the Main Stage from 12:45PM-1:15PM, concluding with the awards ceremony.
There is no cost to enter (only the price of admission to the expo). Awards will be given for first, second, and third place in each contest. Judges will be knowledgeable in the craft and art of cosplay as well as in gaming lore: Dee Rich and Honor Lychee. Judging will be based on three metrics: creativity, craftsmanship, and accuracy. Please provide a reference photo of the source character (cell phone photos will work) to reference accuracy.
Weapons policy: security will check all weapons at the door, and anything that can cause bodily harm (projectiles, sharp blades, etc) will not be permitted, but blunt/prop weapons will be fine. All weapons must be banded by security. This will be at security’s discretion.
- Costumes must cover at least as much area as a bikini—NO EXCEPTIONS. This is a family friendly event.
- Store-bought costumes may be entered in, but bonus points are added to self-made costumes.
- Reference material is required for fair judgment. We are not always able to look up reference images, so it is best to show up prepared for the contest. Reference material ensures that we can see a side-by-side comparison of your outfit and the character’s design. You may provide a print-out or on a electronic device for reference picture.
- All competitors are required to fill out a cosplay competition form and turn it in at the time of judging.
- Cosplayer will hand form and reference material to Cosplay Chair and present themselves in front of judges.
- Cosplay Chair will give any necessary information to judges and present reference material to judges.
Judges will score based on:
- Creativity 1-5 points
- Craftmanship 1-5 points
- Accuracy 1-5 points
- An extra 1 point to heavily altered
- An extra 2 if completely hand made
Note: Any camera work that is to be done will be done after the judging in another area.
$125 – 1st place
$75 – 2nd place
$50 – 3rd place